If you’re a writer you should have a blog. Period.
If you have a blog it should make you money. Period.
Now that we’ve established those ground rules. Let’s take a look at five easy ways you can use your blog to generate income.
- Share the genius content that’s in your book, lead magnet, or info-product. Using your blog to share short excerpts of your book (etc) will make readers want to head on over to your purchase URL and buy their own copy. Offer a discount for your readers and PLEASE include a link. You’ll be surprised at how many bloggers don’t do that.
- Have you ever heard the following expression: It’s a poor dog that won’t wag its own tail? Use your blog to showcase your freelancing skills. No one can hire you to write if they don’t know about you.
- Start a relationship with non-competing companies your target market buys from. Include their links in your blog and every time someone clicks their link, you get paid. Cha Ching!
- Offer your blogging services to others. Writing blog posts for busy people who need a blog, but are short on time can be lucrative. Head on over to Journo Portfolio and start building a free online writing portfolio.
- Attend blogging conferences and conferences related to your target market. You’ll find all the clients you need together in one place. The money isn’t in the conference, itself. It’s in the follow-up.
Blogging can be a cool way to stay home and work your hours, using skills you already possess. Create a blog that gets attention and then use that attention to earn the cash you need to live the life you want.