A small business needs to use every tool at its disposal to get and keep the attention of its ideal clients. It’s a perfect, low-cost way to engage with your target market, share your expertise and experiences, and give them a peek into the inner workings of the products and services you offer. Keep reading for five more reasons your small business should definitely have a blog.
- Hands down, the number one reason to blog is to get Google’s attention. Google’s search algorithm crawls your site looking for your keyword about every 200 words. A blog hosted on your website is a smart way to nudge Google to increase your search engine ranking.
- A blog is a great way to tell your brand’s story. Your customers and clients love to be in on the know. They’ll enjoy reading about why you started your business, what your next steps are, and any other insider info that explains your brand and cements you as an expert.
- If your blog has a comments section – and it should – it’s a great way to get valuable feedback from new and potential clients. It’s like having an informal survey. If you ask them, your ideal clients will tell you how to sell to them, when, and at what price point.
- According to Hubspot, 69% of businesses attribute their success at lead generation to blogging. That means blogging works. It also means you need to use it as one of your top marketing methods to increase interest in your brand and increase sales.
- A blog is an attraction marketing tool that draws clients to you rather than having you chase them all over the internet. Interviews with influencers in your industry, lists of hard-to-find resources, and expert tips go a long way toward establishing your expertise in your field.
Does your small business have a blog? If so, drop a link in the comments. I’d love to check it out. If not, tell me why you’re not blogging, and I’ll see if I can help you find ways to start a blog your target market will love.