Drawing attention to your blog is the goal of most bloggers. The more eyes you get on your musings, the better position you’ll be in for advertisers, influencers, and social shares. Check out these three ways to gain new readers, build your blog brand, and start monetizing your blog.
- Ask And Ye Shall Receive
Sometimes you can get lost in sales and marketing strategy, technology, and jargon. In reality, one of the simplest ways to gain readers for your blog is to ask for them. Social media is a great way to do this. Use hashtags to reach your ideal reader and request follows, retweets, likes and other social shares.
- Create A Lead Generator
No matter who your target market is, a checklist is a great, no-cost way to grab their attention. Create a simple Word document, pretty it up with background colors and images, and save it as a downloadable pdf file. You can also do this in Canva. Their free version is hearty enough to do so easily. You’ll then have something to offer your readers in exchange for them signing up for your newsletter or subscribing to your blog.
- Publish More Content
Publishing more content that is SEO optimized will put you in front of your readers more often. One of the keys to a good blog is creating consistent content. Of course, you decide how frequently you want to post so choose a tempo you can keep up with. It’s better to start slowly and gain momentum than to slow your pace down or post so infrequently that your readers don’t know when to look for new information.
Try these three tactics and see if your readership picks up. If you have other attention-grabbing strategies, share them in the comments.
“No matter what, the very first piece of social media real estate I’d start with is a blog.”
Social media is here to stay and blogging long ago changed the way we engage with customers. Blogging gives businesses an opportunity to build a brand, enhance product and service awareness, and keep their target market coming back for their expert views and opinions. Keep reading for five important reasons Hootsuite is the best way to manage your small business blog.
- Hootsuite makes it easy to schedule the social media posts and comments that lead readers to your blog. It’s one of the best set-it-and-forget-it social media management tools around.
- Hootsuite makes it easy to share photos, pics, and graphics that grab your audience’s attention. Posts with pictures grab up to 58% more reader attention and engagement.
- Hootsuite lets you monitor all your social media feeds in one convenient place. It’s dashboard that tells the story of your blog’s reach and effectiveness.
- Hootsuite’s Hootlet browser plug-in lets you easily grab snippets of online info and schedule it for later distribution. It’s a really smart, one-click way to curate valuable content.
- Hootsuite saves valuable time you can use on other parts of your business. Spend one day each week scheduling all your social media, then go to work on other profitable business practices.
If you haven’t signed up for Hootsuite yet, head on over to their website. Start with their free version and upgrade when your blog takes off. Your business will thank you.
If you’re a writer you should have a blog. Period.
If you have a blog it should make you money. Period.
Now that we’ve established those ground rules. Let’s take a look at five easy ways you can use your blog to generate income.
- Share the genius content that’s in your book, lead magnet, or info-product. Using your blog to share short excerpts of your book (etc) will make readers want to head on over to your purchase URL and buy their own copy. Offer a discount for your readers and PLEASE include a link. You’ll be surprised at how many bloggers don’t do that.
- Have you ever heard the following expression: It’s a poor dog that won’t wag its own tail? Use your blog to showcase your freelancing skills. No one can hire you to write if they don’t know about you.
- Start a relationship with non-competing companies your target market buys from. Include their links in your blog and every time someone clicks their link, you get paid. Cha Ching!
- Offer your blogging services to others. Writing blog posts for busy people who need a blog, but are short on time can be lucrative. Head on over to Journo Portfolio and start building a free online writing portfolio.
- Attend blogging conferences and conferences related to your target market. You’ll find all the clients you need together in one place. The money isn’t in the conference, itself. It’s in the follow-up.
Blogging can be a cool way to stay home and work your hours, using skills you already possess. Create a blog that gets attention and then use that attention to earn the cash you need to live the life you want.
A small business blog is one of the smartest, least expensive marketing tools you can use for your small business. Content marketing is here to stay and blogging is a smart way to create and curate resources and tips your target market will love. Still not convinced? Keep reading for seven profitable reasons your small business should be blogging.
- Blogging lets you build trust with your target market. Share enough resources and valuable how-to tips and strategies and you’ll quickly become their go-to expert.
- Blogging on a consistent basis can do wonders for your SEO ranking. It’s an opportunity to publish SEO-rich content on a regular basis.
- Blogging keeps people coming back to your website. While they’re there, engage with them, encourage them to comment, and point them in the direction of your purchase URLs.
- Blogging can help hone your focus. Blog research does double duty by forcing you to research your industry as well. That helps you maintain your focus.
- Blogging gives your customers and clients a behind the scenes look at what’s going on in your business. People love those sneak peeks and they appreciate feeling in the know.
- Blogging positions you as an expert and increases your credibility. The more content you share, the more your expertise shows.
- Blogging helps familiarize your company with your target market and is a great way to boost follows and likes on your other social media platforms.
Don’t ignore the power of a blog to help drive business your way. The key to a good blog is consistency and good content. Start with attention-grabbing content, then send it out on a regular basis. You set the tempo for your blog, just make sure it’s one you can keep up with. Start (or continue) blogging today. Your business will thank you.